Tuesday, June 18, 2013

CNN Features Ethiopian Rock Band Jano



 CNN’s Errol Barnett recently interviewed members of the new Ethiopian rock band Jano and their manager, Addis Gessesse, in Ethiopia. The group is scheduled to launch its upcoming tour in the United States at the historic Howard Theatre in Washington, D.C. on July 4th.
“I felt that each generation has its own sound, so I talked to a few people around and I just decided that if I bring the younger generation together, educated young kids, I felt that I can come up with something very unique and different from Africa,” Addis, who talent-spotted the 20 somethings ensemble, told CNN.
Three of the ten-person team were also featured at the band’s group-home in Addis Ababa.
Click here to watch the video at CNN.

No comments:

Post a Comment