Thursday, October 24, 2013



Yonathan Getachew is the other Gedion Zelalem

All about HIF encounter Yonathan Getachew from U17 team

He was "super talent" on everyone's lips this summer when he left Husqvarna for HIF. 15-year-old Yonathan Getachew predicted a bright future and was sought after by many clubs but chose the finest of all - Helsingborgs IF. For Everything about HIF he tells about clubs showed interest, why they chose Helsingborgs IF and he dreams of becoming a professional as an adult.

Yonathan, for those who do not know you so well, you want to tell a little about who the person Yonathan Getachew is?

A fifteen year old boy who lives with his family consisting of mother, father and two siblings. Have always played football and it touches me quite a lot when I tried to combine studies and football in the best way. Is a humble and nice guy, a bit like a Smålander is.

When and where started your football trip?

I played a lot on the farm with my dad as a kid. But when I was eight years old, I started in a small club called Ekhagen. Then I went to Husqvarna big bet on its P97 team, then I was twelve years old. After a year, I was lifted into the academy and after another year there so I moved up into the first team. Six months later I went to the HIF.

When did you take the decision to invest wholeheartedly in football?

At the age of twelve or so, when I started playing for Husqvarna.

Were there any other sport that you also practiced?

Before the age of twelve, I tried badminton, karate and lot of different things. But it was just football that got me though.

What was it that made you choose to invest fully in football?

It's hard to say, I love football and it's my biggest passion. I fail to see how my life could be if I were not allowed to practice and play as much as I do.

You are midfielders, was in the midfield usually see you?

I am an interior offensive midfielder.

How would you describe your strengths as a player?

Technology, Game perception and clearance gap.

What do you have that you need to improve as a player?

Clinch game and physics.

Do you bet most on improving what you are good at or at least to further develop what is already your strength?

I have always been told that you should practice a lot on what you're good at, and even more than the words that are less good at. One must find a balance in between.

HIF considered to have one of the best nurseries in football in Sweden. What do you do to succeed so well?

They have an amazing theme throughout youth activities. Compared with Husqvarna, it was difficult to move between the different ages and the law of all played different. Here they have a common idea of ​​how all will develop and play.

How do you think the club has taken care of you during your short time here?

Very good, everyone has received a best possible way. The school, the town and the club has been very good to me and then it's easier to get into it faster too.

Where did you put the bar for your ambition? Is the Premier League or Football?

Man has always dreamed and hoped to become foreign professionals. But you have to set realistic goals now. And first of all, I manage to come up to the headlines here in HIF. Will you then play in the national team, it is just a bonus.

You have been training samples in Aston Villa, how were the differences between the Swedish and English perception of youth?

The players who were there only had football in his head, at school and everywhere. Then the clubs had a completely different economic condition of their youth activities. I do not think that means they would go better for playing there, there are few who manage to go the long way.

What other clubs were current when you chose to move to Helsingborg?

Many of the headlines. IFK Gothenburg, Kalmar, Elfsborg and then east in Superettan, plus I received an invitation from Ajax. But the way that HIF working on his thread and continuity made me choose HIF ahead of the other competitors. They play football here, and show that they want nothing to do with their youngsters.

You also play with the P97 team, how was the feeling when you became a part the first time?

It has always been in Distriktslag and then you get a sense that you at least have a chance. Then I was called to the squad and then it was just to show off, the margins between those coming in and those outside are very small, but you may be glad to get the chance.

How is the level of trainings at national collections? (Thinking that this squad does not only consist of 97: s, but also those who are older than you.)

We meet so seldom and all come from different parts of the country, so it's hard to have "regular trainings." We practice what we do on the game, so the level is seen as better at U17 trainings here. But the players in P97-squad is obviously good because they are the best in the country in his age.

Who or what people have meant the most to your football development?

My dad is the one who has always been there and is the first person I want feedback from. He has always gone to all practices and games.

The Husqvarna I had Andreas Sandqvist and Hamdiah Avdic at different times, and the two I had very good performance in, another that also meant a lot to the club's Simon Nuay.

Have you noticed anything in the future? Unless it would be something with the football it would say.

The fact that it is upper secondary school next year so it is contemplated what to choose but for me it only stands still. There are football related and if that's not enough, it's a thought I may take a while.

Are there any of the players in the first team that you draw inspiration from or who has helped you in your role as a football player?

Erik Edman has been down and visited. Because he is injured, he has helped a lot. Edman come from the same district as me. Otherwise, it's May Mahlangu as I watch most, we play the same position. Walid Atta is also a player that could be copied, he has a great character.

Do you follow any team more than Helsingborgs IF (A-team)?

Arsenal, all rooting for Barcelona because they play so well, but Arsenal do the same and play the same game but in the Premier League.

If you were to become professionals abroad one day the league and country do you think would fit your playing style best?

La Liga or the Premier League.

Finally, what is your advice to anyone younger youth players who read this?

Whatever happens, always remember that it is only your feet and you have to play, regardless of what people on the sidelines or coach says, agree with yourself and do the best. Then, never allowed to be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment